[zope] interactive mode

Ian! imcmeans@shaw.ca
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:17:52 -0700

Is there a way to use an interactive python shell with zope? I find it's
really helpful to use an interactive shell when writing python programs - is
there some way I should be doing this? Right now I'm just calling os.chdir()
to the right directory and importing Zope, but I get some odd errors, and
when I do dir(Zope) it contains very few things. Am I doing that wrong?
Should I be importing something else?

Also, for python scripts for zope, how does everyone know which python
modules, classes, and functions to import and use? The zope.org
documentation is pretty sparse w.r.t. the python side of things - should I
just read through the source code, or did I miss something when I was
reading the documentation? The same thing applies for CMF, I can't find any
references to read through.