[Zope] Postgres and BLOBS

Colin Fox cfox@crystalcherry.com
27 Apr 2002 03:48:22 -0700

--=-QygHB7HlhSx74zrYE3a/

Hi, everyone.

I need to be able to store binaries (PDFs, JPEGs, etc) in postgres
tables and embed them in web pages.

The idea is I have entries in the database and there is an image to go
with each entry.

Postgres supports BLOBs, but there is a somewhat awkward interface to
using them (you have to actually extract the blob to a file on disk).

I was wondering if anyone had created an object (simlar to the Zope
image object) that would let me reference binaries in the database
without having to do local file manipulation?

--=20
Colin Fox                                       cfox@crystalcherry.com
CF Consulting Inc.                                    GPG Fingerprint:
                    D8F0 84E7 E7CC 5C6C 9982  F1A7 A3EB 6EA3 BC97 572F

--=-QygHB7HlhSx74zrYE3a/

--=-QygHB7HlhSx74zrYE3a/--