[Zope] Namespace issues

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 00:29:59 -0700 (PDT)

I am confused.  I am using the ParsedXML product and am having namespace
problems.  Some, but not all of the methods in the product are exposed to
Python scripts, but other are not--and I don't see how where and how that
all happens.  Some things I think should be exposed--for example, the
mechanisms which allow one to find the ParsedXML node object corresponding
to a URL path--are not. Yet, other methods and data, acquired through
inheritance, are.

I'd hoped that I could do much of the logic in Python Scripts, but it
seems not to be the case.  It looks like I'll have to use External
Methods for much of the system.

Also, how does one call an External Method out of a Python Script?  Is
there some direct mechanism?  Are External Methods like packages so
a method foo() in mumble.py is accessed as mumble.foo()?