[Zope] 500 error from windows only!

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:48:13 -0400

[Gregory Dudek]

>   Synopsis: only windows users are getting a 500 error when they
> should get a login screen!
>
>   I'm running a zope site and using the (deprecated but easy)
> Generic User Folder for cookie mode login (although that product
> may not be the issue).
>
>   Many (all?) users from explorer on windows currently get a
> 500 Server Error when they get to a page that needs authentication.
>   Users from any "normal" OS like linux or MacOS (9 or X) using
> either netscape, explorer or mozilla get a nice normal login
> screen.
>
>   How is it possible the only windows users are getting the 500 error
> screen and might anybody have a hint re. how to fix this?  There is
> nothing interesting in the logs.
>
>   If you want to see this for yourself, it's visible at:
>      http://www.mudcritters.com
> (it's a not-for profit kids gaming site that's suppoed to sneak
> them educational material.)

After my previous post, I found out that almost all of the links on your
site fail with a 500 error.  One that doesn't is the link for "Edit Account
Info".  That link gives a Zope error:

Zope Error
Error Type: IndexError
Error Value: tuple index out of range

The only link I found so far that works with IE6 is the "Village" link (but
"Usertown give a 500 error).

Tom P