[Zope] LDAPUserFolder and Zope 2.5.1

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:28:44 +0200

> do you even know if these are the correct values for your LDAP server? you
> seem to be able to connect to it judging by your email, but are you sure
> that the UID attribute is indeed the attribute name for the login and that
> the relative distinguished name (RDN) attribute is really CN?
Actually, all this values were given to my by the guy who is responsible
from
the LDAP server.

> if the users you need are already in LDAP then there is no "population" to
> do. besides, the adding is not possible for you, anyway, since you don't
> have write access.
Ok, I understand it, but if everything is correct, should I see them on the
caches tab, shouldn't I? Or how do I know that everything is working?

> what you're doing wrong seems to be trying to configure a product that
> requires a lot of knowledge about the server it connects to without
> actually having that knowledge...
Ok, I'll talk to the guy who gives me all the info again.

Thanks for your reply.
Josef.