[Zope] export of modified ZClass fails

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 20:32:56 -0700

Dieter Mauer responded:

>Dennis Allison writes:
> > I modified ZDiscussions significantly and it works fine. It's a ZClass
> > with Python base classes.   I want to export it to another Zope instance.
> > So I simply exported it from the Control_Panel/Products menu in the ZMI.
> > Export worked fine but when I import it in the new system, I get a
> > diagnostic
> >
> >   Failed to import class _ZClass_for_ZDTopic from module Products.ZDBase
> >
> > Products.ZDBase defines the ZDisscussions base classes.  It was installed
> > successfully in a separate, independent import.
>Did you restart Zope after you have installed the ZDBase product
>(and before you imported the zexp)?

yes, I did.  In setting up the new site I wrote a configuration program that moves
in and installs all the various products repeatably so I have a stable base.  The
ZClass portion ot the ZDiscussions (the zexp file) even gets copied into import for
ease of installation.  Just to be sure, I repeated the export process and everything
worked.  Such Heissenbugs bother me.  I'm guessing that I may have mistyped one of
the names or something.  Anyhow, for the moment all is well.

Thanks/