[Zope] dtml-call behaviour

gnotari@linkgroup.it gnotari@linkgroup.it
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:35:35 +0200

I verified a strange behaviour of the dtml-call tag.
As it seems, dtml-call'ing an inexistent method wouldn't produce any
error, i.e. <dtml-call bogus> would fail to produce any output or
exception.

On the other hand, calling <dtml-call expr="bogus"> or <dtml-call
expr="bogus()"> would indeed cause an exception -- bogus method
doesn't exist, of course -- and can be caught be a dtml-try clause.

I'm puzzled, ZopeBook says that dtml-call behaves the same way than
dtml-var, but it's not true: dtml-var failes with both syntaxes, when
the argument is inexistent.

Sounds like some kind of bug. Or is it a "feature"? :-)

ciao
Guido