[Zope] unicode and forms

Kristjan Sander kristjans@hot.ee
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 17:33:04 +0200

Hello

I need to have forms in a utf8 webpage and I am currently having trouble
with it. I need to decode unicode values from the forms to "normal" strings
but I have not found out how to.

In IRC, someone suggested that Zope should have unicode support and there
indeed is a doc about it in Zope.org ( http://www.
zope.org/Members/htrd/wstring/Unicode0.6Readme.txt ). But the same person
said that it was probably integrated into Zope 2.6 which is in alpha right
now and not 2.5.*.

Could someone say, what is the current state of the utf support project? Is
it integrated into Zope 2.5.*? Could someone provide any dtml code examples
for a utf8-encoded form which is understandable to Zope?

I would be thankful if you answered to my private address as well.

Thanks in advance,

Kristjan