[Zope] Images through XML-RPC

Ed Colmar ed@greengraphics.net
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 09:08:44 -0700 (PDT)

Anyone know if it is possible to send images, or other file data through
xml-rpc?

I've been working a lot with the xml-rpc funtionality of zope and it's a
lot of fun.  I have some seperate python/Tkinter scripts that I'm playing
with that all communicate using it.

Can I wrap files somehow and work with them in ZODB using xml-rpc?

For example, a client has an image on the local machine.  Can I make a rpc
call to a python method and save it in the zodb as a zope image?

I would probably need PIL on both sides?

Any thoughts on this?

thx

-ed-

--
Green Graphics   :::   Print and Web Design   :::   510.923.0000