[Zope] form/script problem

Tom Germaine tgermaine@upei.ca
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:03:49 -0300

Hi All:

I am trying to upload a file as a DTML Document with a form that
calls a python script which edits the filename and file ending and then
calles a dtml method to show all DTML documents in the avc folder.
The form is:
-------
<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<h2>AVC Submit Form</h2>

<form action="uploadActionScript" method="post"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="submit">
</form>

<dtml-var standard_html_footer>
-------
and the python script is:
---------
import string
fname=string.split(myfile,'\\')[-1]
fname=string.split(fname,'.html')[0]

context.avc.manage_addDTMLDocument(fname,mytitle)
return context.avc.showFiles()
-------
Everything  resides in a subdirectory of avc
When I test the script I get the error:
 Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'REQUEST' is not defined

When I run the form I get the error:
FileUpload instance has no attribute 'split'

I have tried variations of the script but cannot get around the errors.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Tom Germaine