[Zope] UserFolder and errors after owner of an object is deleted

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:11:46 +0200

Heimo Laukkanen writes:
 > I just noticed a funny behaviour, if I have a user in userfolder that
 > has created a set of page templates and later I destroy that user - all
 > his / her templates stop working and begin to complain, for example,
 > 'you don't have rigths to access title in this context'.
That's not funny but normal:

  The effective roles are the intersection of the owner roles
  (of the executable) and the roles of the executing user.

  Non-existing owners have at most the "Anonymous" role.

You may want to read Brian's Zope Security document (for Zope 2.2,
when the above restriction has been introduced).

Dieter