[Zope] Forms + MySQL + DateTime = a mess

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:52:53 -0700

I think I have finally traced down at least some of my problem.
The MySQL DA adaptor is smart -- for DateTime columns it wants a
DateTime object and it returns a DateTime object.  Mixing strings
and DateTime objects is not a good idea so I have modified my
stuff to keep everything as a string until it goes into the
database (or there's a need for a DateTime quantity) and, when
it comes out from the database and is needed as a string, I
force an explicit conversion.  Simple, but hard to track down when
the infomation flow is complex.