[Zope] Reading parameter from DTML

george donnelly george@zettai.net
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 09:06:48 -0500

well, i would think of html as just for one form of presentation and your
zope structure as something completely different. Its not that one is going
to replace the other. A basic site structure to start off would be like
this.

make your html template and break it into two parts, the "top" is
standard_html_header and the "bottom" is standard_html_footer

What you want to go in between is your content. Put this in DTML Documents,
with <dtml-var standard_html_header> at the top of each one and <dtml-var
standard_html_footer> at the bottom.

There you've got a basic Zope Site. Keep playing around and asking for
comments on your structure and you'll keep learning.

regards,
george donnelly
http://zettai.net/
zettai: zope hosting and dynamic websites