[Zope] Apache Rewrite w/o VHM

Jim Kutter jim@ebizq.net
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:10:45 -0400

Almost NOBODY seems to cover this little problem I'm having.

I have a massive site, that must be migrated picemeal to zope. I would =
like to create virtual urls that pass into zope. I do not want to use =
virtual host in apache, nor do I want to use proxypass because of =
problems I've ran into with that.

example

www.mysite.com -> served by apache
www.mysite.com/section_in_zope -> served by zope
www.mysite.com/other_section_in_zope  -> served by zope

if I setup a proxypass so that /section_in_zope/ goes to =
www.mysite.com:8080/section_in_zope (which works), all my links =
(file.html) now go to www.mysite.com:8080/section_in_zope/file.html. So =
i set a siteroot for section_in_zope, with base =
http://www.mysite.com/section_in_zope/ and base /section_in_zope/. The =
problem with that is now the link file.html goes to =
http://www.mysite.com/section_in_zope/section_in_zope/file.html and it =
grows with each new link.

So basically I suspect rewrite will be my answer. How would I go about =
setting up both apache and zope to do that?

-jim