[Zope] Authenticate against active directory

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:29:33 +0200

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 17:20, Jacob Behm wrote:
> we already have a user/group database in MS Active Directory,=20
:-(

> the platform
> we choose should be able to authenticate against that. =20
:-(

> I would like to
> use Zope instead of some prepackaged MS compatible product. =20
Yes, that's one right.

> But I need Active Directory.
:-(

> I've heard that it should be possible but I've never heard of anyone
> actually doing it.
Yes, because LDAP or something crossplatformish is much better, IMO. Why =
you=20
have chosed M$ Active Directory? Why LDAP is bad?..

--=20
Sincerely yours, Bogdan M. Maryniuck

"I once witnessed a long-winded, month-long flamewar over the use of
mice vs. trackballs...It was very silly."
(By Matt Welsh)