[Zope] SLQ-connection Pooling

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:10:56 +0200 (MEST)

Hello!

I just realised I have never understood wether zope pools sql-connections
or not. I am using DCO2 and we are using PythonScripts and External
methods to execute the queries - zsql-methods use too much memory (that is
sometimes not released) and are too slow for what we need to do, aside
from the fact that we cannot use bind-vars in zsql-methods (yet I hope
:-).

What I am wondering about is connection pooling. I am not sure if a
DB-connection object pools it's connections or not. This has some impact
on how we configure our oracle client.

Anyone has some insight to share on this?

Thanks.

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services