[Zope] Developer ZEO setup: server and two clients on one machine, one for debugging?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@yahoo.com
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:01:14 -0400

I'm interested in setting up a ZEO configuration to have a console debugger
active at the same time requests are available through the browser. I
haven't tried ZEO yet because I'm experimenting with Zope on a single
machine, and its a laptop using DHCP at that, so I don't have a ton of
flexibility on adding additional IP addresses, although maybe defining
aliases in windows' HOSTS file will do.

http://www.zope.org/Members/dshaw/AdvancedSiteSetup

Is it practical/possible to set up the ZEO server and two clients, one for
requests and one for console debugging, on a WindowsXP Laptop with 1 NIC
(DHCP, 1 IP addr and 'localhost')? I need advice on what and where to
install various duplicate Zope components when its all going on one machine.
Is Zope 2.6 CVS a better version to run in this context, since there are no
production-ready issues here? Is the current ZEO ready to work with Zope 2.6
CVS?

Thanks for any info. I'll be sure to write up any sucessful configuration
that comes out of this.