[Zope] My Way of Zope Programming

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 16:24:48 +0200

Russell Hires wrote:

>I think aquisition is one of the great features of Zope. A small, ridiculuous
>example is this: if you declare a webmaster name/email address as a dtml-var
>(like the standard_header), and it's on every page of a 1000 page site, and
>you want to change it, you can do it in one spot, and it changes everywhere!

Bad example!

import Borg
globals = Borg.SiteBorg()
globals.adminName
 >>> Max M

That could just as easily be done with the above code.

The aquisition is a harsh mistress and can burn you badly!

>Why bother with Zope if you take away all the stuff that makes it unique?
>Obviously there are warts to Zope, but nothing is perfect.

Zope has get a few thing very right and a lot of things a little wrong :-/

Zope 3 will hopefully correct most of the problems.

regards Max M

--

"Sorry I would Really Like To Help More On This Project,
But Am To Busy Doing Paid Work On A Tight Deadline"