[Zope] problem with Zeo, it hangs a lot and never reply the request

Gustavo M. Palomares Reyes gpalomares@proceso.com.mx
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:44:07 -0500

Ok,

I have in mi ZEO_start script this
###zeo_start
#!/bin/sh
reldir=`dirname $0`
exec python $reldir/lib/python/ZEO/start.py -S
main=StorageConfig:main_storage -p 8800 -h 10.10.10.2\
  ZEO_SERVER_PID=$reldir/var/ZEO_SERVER.pid \
  STUPID_LOG_FILE=$reldir/var/ZEO_EVENTS.log \
  "$@"

my StorageConfig.py :
import ZODB.FileStorage
main_storage=ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage('/usr/local/Zope/var/Data.fs')

And when I kept out the -S  main=StorageConfig:main_storage all my clients
starts ok.
What is the difference running the zope with or without the -S parameter?

My other question is if you know ZEO?

Because i could start  my two Clients, it seems like everithing works fine,
but when I connect my squids (on both clients machines to accelerate the
site) to those ZEOclients, the site hangs a lot, and some times never
respond (the browser keeps thinking).

And when i disconnected ZEO( my both clients and my Server) and only start
Zope as usual (only one instance) and connect both Squids to that instance
the site works fine. Do you have any Idea why this happens?

A month a go everithing was workinf fine, last sunday the disck  of my Main
server (wher the Zserver is) filled up. So what i did ,was remove logs to
free some sapce, but when I started the ZEO Server and the clients, the
hangs started.  So i thought may be some files where corrupted becuase of
the disk full. So I made a new installation of Zope with new ZEO (both main
server and client machines) thinking that this could solve the problem, but
it didnt. Just for the record I copied all the Data.Fs and Data.fs.* of my
old installation to the new installation.
But  the new installation didnt solve the problem.
Is there any possibility that the Data.fs be corrupted because of the disck
full? And if so why it works fine whit one Zope and wit Zeo dont (remebre I
use squid to accelerate ZOPE)?

Thx
Tavo