[Zope] Re: Newbie questions: Calling PageTemplates from Python, and getting meta-info on ZSQL method results

Edward Ing edwardbying@hotmail.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 00:17:35 -0400

Rather than pass parameters to a calling page, do this in the script.

REQUEST.set("option1", "value1")
container.mainPageTemplate()

Now these values have session scope.

In mainPageTemplate you can have the replace statement:

<strong tal:content="request/option1" >data to replace</strong>

Or to get fancier:

Lets say you go two templates deep so that you have modular page templates

and inside InnerTemplate you have:

<strong tal:content="request/option1" >data to replace</strong>

This works because option1 has request scope.