[Zope] Zope Documentation

douwe@oberon.nl douwe@oberon.nl
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:22:49 +0200

Hi,

I think there are two issues here at stake. One, the Zope documentation,
which is actually quite ok. There's the book, there are a number of howto's
and there is the source code, which is really readable.

The second issue is the nature of Zope. Guido van Rossums dictum that there
should be one perfect way to do something, doesn't fly for Zope and in that
way Zope is more like Perl then Python. For one problem, there are lots of
solutions, different products, different approaches, different programming
languages (DTML, Page Templates, Python). There is no one true way. Some
people write complete applications in DTML, others package everything in
products written in Python. Yes, very confusing at first sight.

If there is no one true way, there is no one true set of documentation.

Of course I do agree that better documentation is always better.

Douwe