[Zope] Why not ZPT and jaxml instead

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:27:55 -0400

Jaxml looks like a pretty neat idea and I like it, but it solves very=20
different use cases from ZPT.

That said, if your use cases are more inline with Jaxml then use it. I wo=
uld=20
hesitate to call it a templating language though as the xml only exists a=
t=20
run time. It is really a very clever leveraging of Python syntax to gener=
ate=20
xml. So it is aimed squarely at Python programmers as opposed to ZPT whic=
h=20
aims at web developers who may not be "programmers".

What I like best about it (Jaxml) is being completely isolated from any i=
cky=20
SGML syntax ;^), which as you can tell I am not terribly fond of...

A more general question about it: can it generate DTDs?

-Casey