[Zope] VHM inside-out help pls (bug?)

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 19:10:23 +0200

At a customer's site I need to serve different Zope instances from virtual
subdirectories.

www.dom.com/f1/ -> z1.dom.com/
www.dom.com/f2/ -> z2.dom.com/

However I am out of luck with VHM. The following works only partially:

RewriteRule ^/f1/(.*) \
http://z1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.dom.com:80/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_f1/$1

It appears that I cannot serve the Zope root folder with this technique.
What I get are locations starting with double slashes ('//'), confusing the
hell out of my browsers. I *can* serve subfolders but that is not what I
want. From the docs it seems that it should work so it might very well be a
bug.

Note that it works with a static SiteRoot object configured like
Base: http://www.dom.com

But that is also not what I want because the host and protocol parts are
actually dynamic (passed to Apache in some custom HTTP headers).

Any hints appreciated,
Stefan

--
Those who write software only for pay should go hurt some other field.
/Erik Naggum/