[Zope] Re: Why not ZPT

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:19:48 -0400

you don't "include ZPTs" you use macros defined elsewhere. say, you have a
ZPT page somewhere with the name "custom_zpt". inside of custom_zpt you
define macros::

<metal:block define-macro="my_greeting">
</metal:block>

then you can use that in other templates like so::

<metal:block use-macro="here/custom_zpt/macros/my_greeting" />

that's how you reuse stuff with templates. you can also put TAL-statements
into the macro when you define it, the TAL code will then be executed in
the context of the page that uses the macro.

jens