[Zope] stupid question- ZSQL

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:26:56 +0200

Erik Stokhof writes:
 > I'm a relative newbie in Zope, but I have Zope 2.3.3, and now I'd like to
 > manipulate data from an sql query in a python script.
 > I read http://www.zope.org/Members/spinwing/ZSQL_Results , but as soon as I
 > start asking for container.<query>().dictionaries() I get an attribute error.
We (and in fact you) need to know which attribute is not found
and where is the problem detected (traceback).

Whenever you analyse (or report) a problem, you always look
(and report) at the "Error type/Error value" information at
the top of your error page and at the last lines of the
traceback (near the bottom of your page).
This part of the traceback tells you where the error has been
detected. You go up until you find an name defined by your code.
That's where you can intervene...

In your concrete case:

  What the missing attribute "dictionaries"?
  Some database adapters do not define it (e.g. ZODBCDA) (this is a bug).

  Is the missing attribute something different?

Dieter