[Zope] problem with Zeo, it hangs a lot and never reply the request

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:38:28 +0200

Gustavo M. Palomares Reyes writes:
 > And when I kept out the -S  main=StorageConfig:main_storage all my clients
 > starts ok.
 > What is the difference running the zope with or without the -S parameter?
I do not know...

 > My other question is if you know ZEO?
We use it without problems.

However, I would not say I were a ZEO expert...

 > Is there any possibility that the Data.fs be corrupted because of the disck
 > full?
Yes, but this should not cause big problems;
especially, Zope looking at the "Data.fs" directly should have the
same problems than ZEO looking at the same "Data.fs".
You may run "fsrecover" on your "Data.fs" (in the ZODB package)
and see whether it finds something strange.

 > And if so why it works fine whit one Zope and wit Zeo dont
A mystery...

The problem might be some corrupted "pyc" file belonging to
the ZEO server.

   We once had a mysteriously truncated "*.pyc" file
   leading to weird and difficult to explain errors.

   Maybe, you remove all "*.pyc" files and restart ZEO/Zope.

The fact, that some variables contain "None" whereas they should
contain a function, does not indicate a "Data.fs" problem but
some code problem.

Dieter