[Zope] Zope Documentation

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:58:24 +0300

People,

it is nice to see others contributing to the issue that there should be=20
better documentation to support people learning and using Zope. I'm=20
trying to do something to help those learning Zope, but would need help=20
- others to contribute.

First here are a couple of thougths and ideas:

1) I am in a situation where I have to make sure that others in our=20
organisation will and can take Zope into use in web development.

2) I have seen that in the community there are a lot of good tips and=20
guides scattered around and sometimes even lost

3) Zope Book is the best to this day, but there is a possibility that it=20
  is too much for some people - for the beginning. After they have the=20
need and interest, they will and want to go through the Zope Book.

With these thougths I have started a project, where I will make a set of=20
tutorials that will guide a person from the beginning to setting up=20
their own development enviroment and doing their own sites with Zope. I=20
am trying to avoid writing about invention of the wheel again, but to=20
reference to information available - and over and over again to the Zope=20
Book.

My wish and hopefull thinking is that this 'do it yourself' path would=20
help people to get to a stage of understanding, where they are ready to=20
find more and more information by them selves - and are a bit closer to=20
seeing the Zen behind it all.

Now, I NEED HELP. I am not an author and I don't write that good=20
english. Also I don't know everything and would not like to write=20
something that helps people to learn bad habits. I want to see that=20
other people - newcomers -  would see and get what is cool in Zope.

If you can write something, throw in ideas or just be a good sport and=20
bitch about grammar -- then help:

http://www.zope.org/Members/huima/tutorials/FrontPage

--=20
Heimo Laukkanen
Oy Fountain Park Ltd
H=E4meentie 153 B, 00560 Helsinki, Finland
tel. +358 9 777 68 161, gsm +358 40 759 1110, fax +358 9 777 68 100
http://www.fountainpark.org