[Zope] Re: Linux am me ;-) [OT]

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 23:59:40 -0400

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 01:34:28AM +0400, Roman Suzi wrote:
[...]
| Anyway, it is interesting exactly why one need windows
| (I do not mean MS Windows) to control a computer?

I need it so that
    1)  I can have a clock and 'xosview' and irssi and gabber all
            visible on the same screen, while I do real work in
            another xterm
    2)  I can have many xterms running at once
    3)  I can view images every now and then

However, you're right that the console also works just fine for most
stuff (just like having one massive xterm filling the whole screen
:-)).

I once found this in someone's .sig and have included it in my
collection :
    A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.

-D

PS.  My .sig is randomly chosen by a python script.  I didn't pick
     this one this time.

--=20
The Consultant's Curse:
    When the customer has beaten upon you long enough, give him
what he asks for, instead of what he needs.  This is very strong
medicine, and is normally only required once.
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb--