[Zope] zope, virtual hosts

Michael Johnson michael@firewing.org
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 17:42:33 -0700 (PDT)

yeh, zope needs to be up and running if you want to hit it through a proxy
such as a apache. the way i do my zope server is i run it on one port and
then proxy it out via apache via mod_rewrite and mod_proxy. works like a
charm.

if you are on linux (i'm not), then you'll probably want to start it up
via a start script in /etc/rc.d/init.d or rc.local. i use bsd* and don't
remember the details. you can also start your zope manually from the
command line if you just want to make sure your proxying is working prior
to adding it to the startup files.

-mj