[Zope] using the Session Data Object hooks

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 21:41:16 -0400

> Thanks Chris.  I'll take a look.  I got the hooks working, sorta.  I
wanted
> to use them for session tracking but 1) they are invoked pretty
early--when
> the session is created but before any session data is installed and
2) users
> don't really every logout (they just go elsewhere) and so the
session objects
> remain around and never get closed out.  Yuck.  Anyhow, for my
purposes I
> will need to examine them periodically, cull out the old ones, etc.
Still,
> it's a nice feature.

When you say session objects remain around and never get closed out,
do you mean that you've set an "infinite" timeout on session objects?
They should disappear after about 20 minutes of inactivity or so if
you've not changed the default.

In any case, hope the docs help!

- C