[Zope] new External Methods not recognized

Richard Deeley r_deeley@yahoo.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:46:09 -0700 (PDT)

(Zope 2.5.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python 2.1.3, win32)

Problem:
I have tried correlating this any way I can, but it still doesn't
make sense. I can redefine the old methods to use new functions.
I can create and test new External Methods. What I can't do is
call any methods from DTML using newly created ExternalMethods.
This generates a name error. There is only one user to the
system (me) and no changes that I know of have been made to any
security aspects.

Other:
So fundamentally, even though the External Method is created OK
(the process says everything went fine), it doesn't make it
to a point that DTML will recognize it. I can point the old
ones (ExternalMethods) to any function I want and they will work.

The only thing (more likely a red herring) I can think of that
happened was adding the XML module (the images are missing in
the docs, btw). Other than that, can't think of anything that
changed. I re-read the docs and hunted around the Web and
haven't found a solution there yet. I tried comparing all
the properties and anything else I could find between the
old and new ones. Didn't find anything. I have tried shutting
down and restarting the server and even the PC.

Any help as to how to go about getting new methods accepted are
appreciated. (pls reply to this address is needed as I am not
on any mailing list).

Thanks.