[Zope] Zope Documentation

Breuer, Yvon YBreuer@tee.toshiba.de
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:02:55 +0200

  YB: Maybe we shouldn't talk about a true way, but about a *preferred* =
way.
  DM: But your preferences are not necessary mine and mine even vary =
with context...
I understand your examples and I see your point.

  DM: I am very happy with the community's democratic nature. I would =
not like a dictator that decides on whether a product can or can not be =
on the products list.
I agree!

  DM: But I would welcome [1] an annotation service, where users of a =
product can comment in such a way that other users learn about their =
experiences (something like the reader reviews on Amazon.com). And =
maybe, [2] a preference rank for products in a group may help (something =
like the purchase rank on Amanzon.com) automatically determined from the =
number of downloads or derived from some explicit rating.
All I've been trying to achieve was to get an improvement on how to =
retrieve whatever you need for a certain goal. I think the current =
documentation isn't clear enough in this matter. I _do_ what I'm =
missing, but, because of my lack of experience, I didn't know (still =
don't) how it can be solved. While following the postings on the list I =
have the feeling this also applies to others.
Maybe this improvement can be achieved by your [1] and [2] solutions! If =
others agree: Who'll set it up? (and how?)

  DM: PS: you could learn to strip your quotings down a bit.
I'll try... ;-)

Yvon

PS: "If others agree" --> Because I think the community should support =
it to make it use- & succesfull.