[Zope] merge two ZODB

Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:57:37 +0100

On Monday 12 Aug 2002 3:47 pm, smoerk@gmx.de wrote:

> I want to merge two Zope instances with different Data.fs to one. First
> thing I tried was Export and Import the objects from one instance to th=
> other. Problem: the dates and undo information are not preserved.
>
> Is it possible to "mount" two Data.fs

yes....

>and copy from one Data.fs to the
> other?

=2E..but that would update the timestamps and destroy the undo log, just =
like=20
export.

> Or how could I preserve undo and the modify date of the objects?

Thats not going to be possible without some hacking. Your two databases l=
ikely=20
have conflicting oids (object ids are only unique within the database). Y=
ou=20
would need to write some code to reassign oids, and interleave transactio=
ns.