[Zope] RE: External Editor/SSL

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:01:31 -0400

Ok then,

What OS is the Zope (or more specifically Apache/IIS/Whatever) server run=
ning=20
on and what version of openSSL or (insert your sll lib here) is it runnin=
g?

This is actually the Python SSL library complaining about the server not=20
following the protocol correctly. This is a know issue on Solaris, and=20
possibly other OSes given the specific openssl versions (and IIS too).

For more detail see:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=3D5470&atid=3D105470&func=3Ddeta=
il&aid=3D494762

According to this, running under python 2.1 might at least mask the probl=
em. I=20
am considering patching EE to handle this particular issue, but it will b=
e a=20
kludge at best since the problem is with the server.

At any rate let me know the details of your server setup so that I can as=
sess=20
how different/similar it might be to others who have experienced this=20
problem.

-Casey