[Zope] Adding Members en mass

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:56:45 +0200

Chetan Kumar writes:
 > I want to add LARGE number of members to my CMF site in one shot.
 > The necessary dettils like login, password, domains and roles should
 > be put in a file all the members should appear in the acl_users.
 > What is the best way of doing this ?
You write an External Method (in order to be able to read
the file in the file system. An (more difficult) alternative would be to upload
the file into Zope and work with a Python script).

The External Method reads the file (line by line), parses it and
calls the RegistrationTools join method, i.e. it emulates the
registration form and calls the registration action.

Details for your homework...

Dieter