[Zope] LDAPUserFolder never authorizes

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:53:41 -0400

ok, my fault, i overlooked that in your configuration settings description.

first of all, since you are using cookie auth, make sure to delete all and
any cookies with the name "__ac" from that particulat server. sometimes the
wrong cookies hang around and you'll never be able to log in. better yet,
test this without cookies first. set the user folder to use basic auth.

from your description it looks like the LDAPUserFolder is further down in
the tree, with at least one other user folder above. it is possible in
extreme cases that you will run into problems if both user folders have a
user with the same login defined.

by the way, what LDAPUserFolder version are you using? the latest revision,
  1.5 beta3, has a lot of improvements specifically for running it with role
information stored in the ZODB like you are trying to do. that includes a
"convenience" user listing on the Users tab for all those user records that
have a role associated with them which is only visible if you store roles
in the ZODB.

if you can find users by searching via the Users tab and if they do have
roles associated with them (as would be apparent on the user detail view
for specific records) then this should work. are you sure your passwords
are set correctly? use the "change password" form on the record detail view
from the Users tab to reset the password if you are unsure.

jens