[Zope] Problem with undo

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:43:11 +0100

Josef Meile wrote:
> 7.3, I have had problems when I click on the "undo" tab of the "manage
>
> interface". Sometimes it takes a long time to show me all the transactions
>
> that I can undo.

Indeed. The undo tabs searches back through the ZODb until it has enough
transactions to fill one page. If you have a big ZODB with a lot of revisions,
this can be excutiating :-S

> On the while, it blocks Zope. So, people who is visiting the site can't
>
> see it till this is done. Often they will see the common error message
>
> that browsers show when they can't load the page.

Indeed...

> Is there any way of solve this problem? What are the causes?

Packing the ZODB will help, but Undo will always behave like this, so I can't
really suggest much else...

cheers,

Chris