[Zope] LDAPUserFolder never authorizes

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:36:33 -0400

> Working with directory servers *is* harder than people
> think; mostly, I think, because there isn't a lot of decent
> walkthroughs for how to use LDAP in a small/medium-scale setting. Let's
> hope that changes.

i am of the opinion that a lot of people who want to use LDAP in a
small/medium-scale setting might not have considered all options.

the decision for or against LDAP should be based on real need or whether
LDAP is already in place and available. many people (no offense, joel) seem
to base that decision on notions like how cool it would be or what they
might be able to do later on instead of what they really need now.

jens