[Zope] I hacked z2.py

p.t. p.training@tin.it
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 19:17:46 +0200

In fact I've been forced doing the same thing (hacking z2.py) under=20
Win2000, with Zope running as a service, because I couldn't manage to get=20
things work properly with different approaches (like trying to set registry=
=20
or environment variables).
The only difference with Harry Lee is that now things work properly,=20
including different instances (and versions) of Zope running on different=20
TCP ports.

The only problem is to remember to hack again when installing a new=20
release: but this is not happening everyday!

This approach is not so terrible (at least for not complex situations):=20
now, I can test the porting of "old" products under a new release and check=
=20
that everything works properly (or correct as needed). Then simply "hack"=20
z2.py and "voil=E0: les jeux son faits".

         p.t.