[Zope] ZClasses PropertySheets

Marco Catunda catunda@pobox.com
13 Aug 2002 18:13:55 -0300

Hello,

	I am having the following problem about property sheet.

	I created a propertysheet, added a "Property Sheet Interface"
	with type "Edit" and mapped views for this propertysheet.

	When I use this product and try to change this propertysheet
	and the message "Your change have been saved" appear. After it,
	zope gives me other page to manage this propertysheet.
	How can I solve this problem? How can I fix zope to give me
	the same place and put the message "Saved changes" on top?
	Perhaps, a python script will solve it, won't it?

	I've seen the zope code and I think the problem is on
	manage_editProperties function at OFS.ProertySheets.py
	This function make call to MessageDialog with action
	equal 'manage'.

    def manage_editProperties(self, REQUEST):
        """Edit object properties via the web."""
        for prop in self._propertyMap():
            name=prop['id']
            if 'w' in prop.get('mode', 'wd'):
                value=REQUEST.get(name, '')
                self._updateProperty(name, value)
        return MessageDialog(
               title  ='Success!',
               message='Your changes have been saved',
               action ='manage')

	But the manage page for this propertysheet is
	manage_statusForm. The action attribute at form
	tag in this page is propertysheets/status/manage_editProperties.

	The function manage_editProperties return action equal
	'manage' so the result url is propertysheets/status/manage
	(this is default page for zope).

	Thanks in advance!

--
Marco Catunda