[Zope] Help!!!

Anand Hattiangadi imanandh@hotmail.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:57:13 -0700

My problem was that I was using Mozilla. It works with Internet Explorer.

Anand

I too am experiencing the same roadblock. The product is quite simple - I
have one class, and it derives from CatalogAware and ObjectManager. It has a
few string properties, and a view. If I try to create an object in the same
folder as the product, it works. The same user, however, cannot create the
object in a different part of the folder hierarchy.

Where would I look to check "Create ZClass Instance" permissions? Or perhaps
you have solved this problem already?

Anand

William P Hewitt writes:
 > For four days now, I have been trying to build some simple products -
 > using the Zope Book instructions on product creation and the basic
 > objects that are created when you follow the instructions.....
 > But to no avail - I always get this same error that I haven't a clue as
 > to what it means.....
 > 159, in zpublisher_exception_hook
 >     (Object: tbContainer_factory)
 >   File /export/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
 > /export/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py,
 > line 473, in __call__
 >     (Object: tbContainer_add)
 >   File
 > /export/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_With.py,
 > line 61, in render
 >     (Object: tbContainer.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
 >   File
 > /export/Zope-2.5.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py,
 > line 159, in eval
 >     (Object: tbContainer.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
 >     (Info: REQUEST)
 >   File <string>, line 2, in f
 > NameError: global name 'tbContainer' is not defined
I have seen similar problems several times in the mailing list,
but unfortunately, I cannot see what is wrong.

   Everything seems to be fine.

   You are sure, your ZClass is named "tbContainer"?

   You are sure, the "Create ZClass instance" permission
   is mapped to some permission, the current user has?

When you like (and your Product does not reference non-core Zope products),
you can export the product and send me the result (zip'ed or gzip'ed
please).
I will try to find out what happens.

Dieter