[Zope] Tutos

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:37:36 +0200

Oliver Marx writes:
 > My train of thought:
 >
 > Locomotive: SQL servers are designed for large datastructures.
 >
 > Wagon1: ZODB is not a *well known* player on that field.
 >
 > Wagon2: I have not looked/seen *any* documentation on how ZODB is designed.
Not sure, that I get what you mean with "design".

But, there is ZODB documentation:

  *  an UML model (this is a design document)

  *  quite a good description named "zodb3.html/pdf".

The latter document tells you that ZODB is designed for
applications with a low ratio of writes to reads.

It does not tell you how many objects you can *practically*
store in the ZODB (the theoretical limit is very high, something
like 256**8). But, I did not yet see such assurancies for SQL
servers neither...

Dieter