[Zope] Selection property

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:37:44 +0200

Drew Nichols wrote:
> I am a newbie trying to set up a selection property with a python script.
>
> I call
> folder_obj.manage_addProperty ( 'prop_name', 'VALUE', 'selection', **but
> how do i add the list** )
>
> and also try
> folder_obj.manage_addProperty ( 'prop_name', list_here, 'selection',
> 'select_variable=one_of_the_list' )
>

> I have a list in my python script. Should i reference the list from a
> zope path.

hi,

it's a tricky game...;-)

try this: add a property to your root folder:

name = name_of_your_select_list
type = lines

enter some values.

then do this in a PythonScript and have a look at your current folder's
properties:

context.manage_addProperty ( 'prop_name', 'name_of_your_select_list',
'selection')

you must quote your 'name_of_your_select_list' when adding a selection
property.

got it?

cheers, maik
--