[Zope] Zope and ZODB database connections

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:33:42 -0700

Your message just caused some major eyebrow-raising over
on the #plone channel, along the lines of "That's the craziest
thing I've ever heard of doing with Zope."

Why don't you tell us what you're really trying to do,
not how you're trying to do it?  I suspect you're suffering
from severe paradigm mismatch.

--PW

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 03:21:02PM -0400, MKinsley@empirecorp.org wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > We are currently developing a web application utilizing Zope and our own
> > ZODB database.
> > We have a few DTML documents that call external methods (written in
> > Python).
> >
> > We would like to open a ZODB connection to a database and keep it open
> > while passing the actual connection instance to other external methods
> > which process/manipulate/return the dynamic data of the web pages. We have
(snip)

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"