[Zope] ParsedXML trouble

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:53:19 -0700

> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 05:39:51 -0700
> From: "List Subscriber @ Neurobs" <list_subscriber@neurobs.com>
> Subject: Re: [Zope] ParsedXML trouble
>
> Did all of that ... including a complete reinstall of distutils ...
> still the same error on adding a  new ParsedXML object...
>
> It just quits with the error:
>
> Error Type: SystemError
> Error Value: Python/compile.c:265: bad argument to internal function
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/Products/ParsedXML/ParsedXML.py, line 148, in createDOMDocument
>   File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/Products/ParsedXML/DOM/ExpatBuilder.py, line 910, in parse
>   File /var/local/zope/leonardo/lib/python/Products/ParsedXML/DOM/ExpatBuilder.py, line 232, in parseFile
> SystemError: (see above)
>
> and I have no idea where that is coming from...

Well, it's coming from line 232 in ParsedXML/DOM/ExpatBuilder.py :-)    I
suspect the problem may be your input and/or how you are using the product
rather than with the product itself.  Are you adding the ParsedXML object
programatically or through the ZMI?  Can you create ParsedXML objects
through the ZMI?