[Zope] Creating files outside of Zope with type ZTL.

Noah noah@noah.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:40:34 -0700

Whenever I use Dreamweaver to create a new file in Zope via
FTP or WebDAV it comes up as type DTML. How do I create
files with default type of Template (ZTL)???

Also, I'm having a lot of trouble simply moving files
back and forth from Zope and the file system.
file system files in Zope

What is the current state of Zope's ability to
handle external files? I identified the list of Products below.
What are the differences? Is there one coherent, best solution?

    External File
    ZFS
    ExtFile/ExtImage
    Local File System

I'm sort of new to Zope and this is confusing.
Why all the fuss just to serve a file from the file system?
Why isn't this built-in?

Yours,
Noah