[Zope] Can I change types of existing objects (DTML Document -> Page Template)

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:36:57 +0200

Michael S. Fischer wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 11:43:16PM -0700, Andy McKay wrote:
>

>>Yes, but it wouldnt make much sense DTML Documents are totally different,
>>for a start they contain DTML. You must manually convert them.
>

> Still, it's a good question.  How would one change the object class?
> (I have a different reason for wanting to do this.)

Write a PythonScript or ExternalMethod that copies your objects with the
document source and all properties to a new object.

  - rename your old object to 'objectID_old' [manage_renameObject]
  - create a new object with 'objectID' [manage_addProduct[...]...]
  - copy the document source from id_old to id [depends on your classes]
  - copy the properties from id_old to id [see PropertyManager]
  - delete 'objectID' [manage_delObjects]

  spelling this in python should not be very difficult...

cheers maik.

--
Maik Jablonski                 __o
www.zfl.uni-bielefeld.de     _ \<_    Deutsche Zope User Group