[Zope] zope hosting

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:35:08 -0500

[Andy McKay]
> Erm actually a different question. Take a look at
> http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/FolderFilter for example.

I installed this and had a quick glance at it.  My impression is that it is
designed to reduce visual clutter, not necessarily to restrict what types of
things can show up in a Folder--true?  That is (and I'm very much a Zope
newbie, so I'm sure I won't express this as clearly as it could be
expressed) suppose I define a filter to hide VirtualHostMonster.  I then
apply that to the Virtual Hosts folder:

  /Root/Virtual Hosts/
	site1/
	site2/

Well, what's to prevent the owner (manager?) of site1 from removing that
filter?  The only filter related permission I saw was "Add Folder Filter
Holder."  Not anything like, "Set/Remove Filter."

And even if the owner/manager of site1 couldn't remove the filter, wouldn't
they still be able to do something like:

  manage_addProduct('VirtualHostMonster')

(from a Python Script?)

(Or any other supposedly filtered Product).

Sorry for all my confusing and wayward questions.  Thanks in advance for any
help anyone can offer.

Cheers,

// mark