[Zope] rendering client object in dtml method

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
18 Aug 2002 12:36:06 -0700

--=-Adr9vS4Fw+G7CUM7Duxz

Hello, I am a Zope beginner and have a hopefully simple question.
I want to use a dtml method to format the content of a dtml document
which is the client object when the dtml method is called.

For example, <http://dtml_doc/dtml_method> would, if I understand
correctly, invoke dtml_method with dtml_doc as the client object.

Given my understanding, I would think a statement such
as the following in dtml_method

  <dtml-var this>

would produce the rendered contents of dtml_doc appropriate for display,
i.e., the contents you would get with <dtml-var dtml_doc>.

However, said statement results in the rendered contents of dtml_doc
with the html special characters escaped to display literally rather=20
than be intepreted by the browser.

How can I get the unescaped version of dtml_doc's rendered content?

thanks,
dave

--=-Adr9vS4Fw+G7CUM7Duxz

--=-Adr9vS4Fw+G7CUM7Duxz--