[Zope] Weird acquisition question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 00:11:45 +0200

Terry Hancock writes:
 > I'm seeing a weird case of acquisition going on that
 > I don't really understand. From my point of view,
 > what I'm seeing is that a a high-level folder's properties
 > are overriding its children's.
 > Structure:
 >    Narya/
 >      Tomobiki
 > Inside Tomobiki there are DTMLFile objects, which
 > include a DTMLFile method defined in Narya (called
 > "navbar").
"DTMLFile" objects are "modern" objects that do not behave
like other DTML objects (they derive from "Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings").
It might be that they push the context onto the DTML namespace.

I know that I analysed a similar DTMLFile related problem some time
ago but I do no longer know the details. Please search the mailing
list archives...

Dieter